To assist young people who are completing their final year of schooling (Year 12) to attend their School formal who would otherwise not be able to do so due to the costs.
FAQ’s FOR STUDENTS
We will do our best to find you the perfect school formal outfit. Dress sizes are available from 6 to plus sizes, wheel-chair friendly dresses, suits and shirts. There will also be an opportunity to find shoes, bags and jewellery based on the availability of donations to match your perfect outfit!
Important information for Students – please read prior to your appointment:
- You will need to contact us ahead of time by filling out our contact form on this website or send a message via our facebook page to arrange an appointment with one of our volunteer stylist.
- All items are donated from all over the country, and we hope that you are able to find a perfect dress, suit, shoes, jewellery, and accessories for your school formal.
- Project School Formal is open on appointment base only and is run by volunteers.
- All dresses and suits are given out on a first come first served basis.
- Students must be completing year 12 and currently enrolled in high school.
- Students MUST present a valid school ID card.
- Students will receive at no cost, one(1) formal dress or one (1) formal suit, one (1) pair of shoes, jewellery, one (1) purse to complete your school formal requirements.
- We welcome students to donate back their outfit to the project for other future students.
- Some special pieces such as wheel-chair friendly dresses and jewellery are LOANED items and will be requested to be returned. ON-LOAN items will be requested to be returned to the project within 72 hours after the students formal.
FAQ’s FOR DONORS
PROJECT SCHOOL FORMAL is entirely run by volunteers so no paid employees. Every dollar that we receive goes towards our goal of making dreams come true for young people to attend their school formal. Your financial contribution will help significantly in making the project possible.
Money donations can also be made directly to:
Account Name: Rotary Club of Toowoomba South Inc.
BSB: 034 221
Account Number: 001440
Reference: School Formal Ticket
Mail cheques to:
PROJECT SCHOOL FORMAL.
Rotary Club of Toowoomba South Inc.
PO Box 460
TOOWOOMBA QLD 4350
DO NOT MAIL FORMAL WEAR & ACCESSORIES TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS.
We also accept credit and debit cards! Please click on the orange button below to make a monetary donation to PROJECT SCHOOL FORMAL. If you require a receipt please complete an online form by click here.
- Dresses and suits should be less than 5 years old and be formal appropriate.
- Dresses, suits, and business shirts should be in good and clean condition; preferably cleaned before sending.
- If there is no tags or size has been altered, please write the new size on a piece of paper and pin it to the dress or suit.
- For health & safety reasons, make-up must be unused.
- Shoes and bags should be in good and clean condition.
- Jewelry should be Formal appropriate and in good condition.
**ITEMS WE NEED THE MOST!**
- Small and Dressy purses
- Dressy shoes that have a solid heel (like wedges) as some girls are unable to walk in thin high heels
- Sparkly jewellery (earrings, necklace, bracelets)
- Mens white or black formal shirts
- Mens black belts and formal shoes
- We need all sizes of formal dresses, particularly plus sizes.